How has DNA helped adoptees find their families? Join us today to hear how adoptees have used DNA to help them reunite with their biological families.
Dr. Greg Markway shares the amazing story of his grandfather, Joseph Markway, who was on the Orphan Trains in the early 1900’s. Greg’s blog can be found at www.markwayblog.com.
Gus Fricker shares how he tested with 23andMe and found his cousin, Tom Kaechelin at the age of 82!
Emmalee Savage shares the long journey she took with the assistance of Search Angel Staling Gorlecki to find her biological father.
Websites mentioned during this episode are:
- National Orphan Train Heritage Society: https://orphantraindepot.org/
- DNA Search Angels: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DNASearchAngels
- Three Identical Strangers can be viewed on Amazon Prime (and probably other streaming platforms): https://www.amazon.com/Three-Identical-Strangers-Tim-Wardle/dp/B07F7YWTKH
- Reclaim the Records: https://www.reclaimtherecords.org/
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania: https://www.portal.hsp.org/
- Genealogical Society of Bergen County, NJ: https://www.njgsbc.org/
Please join us next month on Heritage Hunters!